Shermco Industries and Pulp & Paper.
Shermco is meets the unique electrical challenges of the pulp and paper industry.
Paper mills and other wood products factories provide unique challenges to electrical systems and components. High humidity, high heat and, often, harsh chemicals all promote corrosion and other life-shortening conditions. Shermco industries technicians and engineers have extensive experience in testing and maintaining both AC and DC electrical systems and components for these applications.
Electric motors are especially subject to moisture and corrosion and Shermco Industries offers ISO 9001-2008-certified remanufacturing of both AC and DC machines utilizing specialized materials designed to extend the service life of motors for these applications utilizing state of the art materials and processes developed for the pulp and paper industry.
Our engineering services group provides onsite maintenance and repair of electrical systems and is well qualified to plan and manage rapid maintenance shutdowns. Our mobile breaker repair center is available to clean, repair and test high voltage switchgear on site, saving time and trouble in shipping to a repair facility. NETA-certified technicians as well as vibration and motor specialists are available to assure a one-line-one-company solution to optimize your down time productivity.
- Relay and metering calibration
- Transformer testing and oil diagnostics
- Power factor (Doble) and hi-potential testing
- Infrared and Corona surveys
- Ground systems testing
- Power circuit breaker testing
- Transfer switch maintenance and repair
- Cable testing and fault locating
- Complete substation testing and maintenance
- On-site switchgear and breaker rebuild/repair/retrofit
- On-site emergency switchgear repairs
- Electric motor rewind and generator rewind through 13.2 kV
- Equipment balancing to 25,000 lbs.
- On-site advanced vibration analysis
- Epoxy Vacuum Pressure Impregnation
- ISO9001-2008 Motor and Generator Service Center Certification
- (U.L.) Certified repair center
- Ultrasonic shaft inspection
- Surge and core-loss testing