Get your electrical know-how from the company whose focus is safety.
We'll teach you and your people how to work safely, and we practice what we preach.
As a NETA-accredited test and maintenance organization that conducts hands-on technical skills and safety training on a professional, full-time basis. Shermco has dedicated instructional and support staff and carefully developed training courses, including texts and pre/post tests. All of our courses utilize a hands-on approach to training to reinforce the lecture, and many of our courses include reference books, such as ANSI/NETA MTS/ATS, NFPA 70E, NEC, Electrical Safety Program Handbook and Significant Changes to NFPA 70E 2012 edition.
We teach what we practice on a daily basis.
Shermco offers open-enrollment and on-site training programs. Open-enrollment classes are open to the general public for a fee and cover a standardized course outline. Open-enrollment course presentations are tailored to each course's students. On-site training programs are based on our standard courses but are customized to cover specific equipment, systems, policies and procedures. On-site training programs are conducted at your site and are based on a set daily fee. On-site training programs are the best choice when larger groups require training or when company-specific information needs to be used during the class.
Personalized instruction, industry-trained and knowledgeable instructors who are field-experienced in the subjects they instruct, hands-on training for all programs, including electrical safety and instructors who sit on national committees, including NFPA 70E, NFPA 70B, NEC, ASTM F-18 and NETA. - Open-enrollment training open to the general public:
- Electrical safety for qualified and unqualified persons
- Electrical safety for managers
- Electrical safety for high-voltage systems
- Circuit breaker maintenance and testing (low, medium and high-voltage)
- Substation maintenance and testing (transformers, batteries, grounding, protective relays and circuit breakers)
- Wind generation-specific training programs
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) maintenance and programming
- AC drives maintenance and programming
- Cable spicing and testing
- National Electrical Code
- Electrical fundamentals
- Basic electrical technical skills for new technicians
- NERC-mandated training programs
- Motor maintenance and testing
Electrical Safety Training.
At Shermco Industries, we offer a variety of customer-specific training programs, both in our classrooms and at your site, aimed at better equipping your employees to work around dangerous electrical systems.
- On-site customized training programs at the customer’s site:
- Open-enrollment courses offered, plus others specific to a particular customer
- Course development
- Electrical safety on-site audits