About this course…
Recently Revised! – Whether you are new to the industry or are taking on additional responsibilities for electrical maintenance, a solid knowledge of the basics is essential to understanding the operations, maintenance and safety of any facility or factory site. This is a hands-on practical introduction to those concepts and skills that serves as a prerequisite to further training and career enhancements for both technicians and managers.
Who should attend…
This training program is of benefit to electricians, technicians and multi-craft workers working on or near electrical conductors and circuit parts. Many of these workers do not have a solid understanding of electrical basics and cannot move forward in the careers effectively; they don’t know what they don’t know. This program ensures that those workers, especially workers new to the electrical field, have an adequate understanding of electrical theory and systems.
Course Length 3 days (24 contact hours)
Each student will receive a course text and Ugly’s Electrical Reference.
- Fundamentals of matter, energy and electricity
- Direct current (DC) fundamentals, including Ohm’s Law and calculating voltage, current, resistance and power in the DC systems
- Battery theory and operation
- Alternating current (AC) fundamentals, including application of Ohm’s and Kirchoff’s Laws to single- and three-phase circuits
- How AC is generated
- Inductance, capacitance and reactance
- How transformers work